One of the most interesting singles was released by Chris Brown. His R&B hit 'Fine China' is softer than his previous work and shows his maturation as an artist. The song channels Michael Jackson and has a feel-good, nostalgic feel to it. Fans should anticipate some new and innovative music when he releases his sixth album 'X' sometime this summer. Meanwhile, Nelly has thrown himself into country music for the second time in his career. He joined Florida Georgia Line for a re-mix of their number one country hit 'Cruise.' Nelly adds a hip-hop beat to the summer track and re-sparks the song that should be a favorite on radio stations in the coming months.
The Jonas Brothers are back and are getting set to release their first studio album since 2009. Their first single is an energetic one, begging high schools to play it at their half-time football games. 'Pom Poms' is full of energy, sing-alongs, and stomping beats. It should appeal to all ages, as should Anna Kendrick's new single 'Cups.' The single is a minute longer than the original version released for the movie 'Pitch Perfect.' It's infectious and builds off unique percussion beats throughout. Expect this to find its way onto its fair share of top 40 charts and airplay.
Keep your ears open for Selena Gomez, who is getting set to release her first solo album, after many years with Disney and her band The Scene. 'Come & Get It' is sure to be an instant top-40 hit and proves the 20-year-old is rapidly maturing.
April also features new releases from Avril Lavigne and Carrie Underwood
Click on any of the titles below for more details and to find out on which AOL radio station you can hear each song.
- Chris Brown, 'Fine China'
- Ray J, 'I Hit It First' (Feat. Bobby Brackins)
- Snoop Lion and Miley Cyrus, 'Ashtrays and Heartbreaks'
- Carrie Underwood, 'See You Again'
- Florida Georgia Line, 'Cruise' (Remix) (Feat. Nelly)
- The Jonas Brothers, 'Pom Poms'
- Anna Kendrick, 'Cups'
- Selena Gomez, 'Come & Get It'
- Avril Lavigne, 'Here's to Never Growing Up'
- Plain White T's, 'Should've Gone to Bed'
- Austin Mahone, 'Heart in My Hand'
- Emblem3, 'Chloe (You're The One I Want)'
- Psy, 'Gentleman'
- Daft Punk, 'Get Lucky' (Feat. Pharrell Williams)